Kindergarten - 12th Grade Field Trips
Plan Your Field Trip
IKEducation is here to help! Check out our exciting array of available programs and materials. From scheduling your visit to selecting the Field Trip Enhancement Program that best fits your students' needs, we want your experience to be fun, educational, and easy. Just follow these steps and we will see you soon!
- Plan your visit by viewing the Educator's Guide (PDF) for program options. More details on each program can be found on our Lesson Plans pages, or call 785-263-6793.
- Please review our Guidelines for School Groups (PDF), and take them into consideration while planning and during your visit. If you need help with field trip related expenses, such as transportation and lunch, please visit our Funding Opportunities page.
- Reserve a date and program by submitting a Field Trip Request form. Please note, dates are limited and available on a first-come basis. Additionally, reservations are required at least two weeks in advance.
- An IKEducator will contact you to confirm your field trip and create a custom schedule for you. For questions regarding your schedule, call 785-263-6794.
- Review the field trip schedule sent from IKEducation. Make arrangements such as organizing transportation and recruiting chaperones. Please note, one adult per five students will be granted free admission in exchange for their active supervision. Extra adults will pay regular admission price upon arrival.
- When you arrive, please check in at the Visitors Center. There you will be met by an IKEducator who will guide you through your day.
- After your field trip, please take a moment to fill out the Field Trip Program Evaluation form. We value your opinions and feedback!
Exhibit Guides include activities that encourage students to focus their time in a specific gallery within the museum. In addition, Quick Response (QR) Codes link students to online resources for further investigation. The Eisenhower Foundation provides printed Exhibit Guides to schools registering in advance or they can be downloaded and printed in your classroom. Guides take approximately one hour to complete and, please note, only pencils are allowed inside the buildings.
Lunch Options for School Groups
School groups who bring their own sack lunches are welcome to eat at the picnic tables on our spacious lawn. In the event of inclement weather, an IKEducator will notify your group of an alternative indoor lunch area. If you have applied for funding through Dane Hansen or Ike's Field Trip Funds, an onsite pizza lunch is included as an option. Abilene also has several dine-in or fast food restaurants that would happy to serve your group.